Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Logic Requirement

Many 8th graders are completing logic puzzles at a surprising rate. Keep up the good work. Remember that it is our goal that every 8th grader completes 10 each quarter of the school year. If you don't have yours done yet, there is still time.

Logic is a REQUIREMENT, not extra credit. Zero puzzles completed gives you a quiz grade of 50%. One puzzle is a 55%; Two is a 60%; Three is a 65%, and so on... Ten is a 100%. You do get extra credit for MORE puzzles.... Eleven is a 101%; Twelve is a 102%; Thirteen is a 103%; Fourteen is a 104%; Fifteen is a 105%. Above fifteen counts towards the next quarter's requirement.

Special recognition goes to Shania V. and Emily F. Both have completed 60 logic puzzles already this first six weeks! Yes, that's right, SIXTY logic puzzles each. The closest to that number in last year's class for a WHOLE quarter was in the 40's. Excellent Work!!!!

Which puzzles do you like the best? Remember to cast your vote for your favorite logic puzzle before time runs out!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

SIXTY?! Omigosh! What have they been doing in their free time?!

t-pach said...

WOW they prob have been doing logic links in there free time alen good job people

Barb said...

I'm thinking they love them. I know I do two or three sudokus every night...even before I read--how bad is that for an English teacher?!?!?

As for the logic, are they the clues? I have such a hard time with them. I'd love to have some students teach me how to do them. (might be difficult...)

I also like the direction ones in a circle.

Did you see Mrs. Morey was in the paper for being creative by two teachers???? I think it has to do with all these cool things she does in math. Hey, it's not just about math problems anymore!!